Psalm 95, NLT
1 Come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come to him with thanksgiving.
Let us sing psalms of praise to him.
3 For the Lord is a great God,
a great King above all gods.
4 He holds in his hands the depths of the earth
and the mightiest mountains.
5 The sea belongs to him, for he made it.
His hands formed the dry land, too.
6 Come, let us worship and bow down.
Let us kneel before the Lord our maker,
7 for he is our God.
We are the people he watches over,
the flock under his care.
If only you would listen to his voice today!
8 The Lord says, “Don’t harden your hearts as Israel did at Meribah,
as they did at Massah in the wilderness.
9 For there your ancestors tested and tried my patience,
even though they saw everything I did.
10 For forty years I was angry with them, and I said,
‘They are a people whose hearts turn away from me.
They refuse to do what I tell them.’
11 So in my anger I took an oath:
‘They will never enter my place of rest.’”
I am thankful…
- For the Mighty One who watches over me.
- For beautiful weather this weekend.
- For parks and libraries.
- For my health and mobility.
- For friends, both near and scattered across the far reaches of the globe.
- For policemen, firefighters, paramedics and other public servants.
- For the ease and convenience of communication via phone and internet.
- For my comfortable bed and a good night’s sleep.
- For my five senses: sight, smell, taste, touch and hearing.