Go West, young… lady!
I woke this morning with the song “Way Out West” from the movie An American Tail: Fievel Goes West in my head. I’m not sure if it’s the half-packed suitcase on the floor or the knowledge that I’m leaving in less than twenty-four hours but I am ready for my two week escape to the Southwest! Tomorrow I fly to Lubbock, Texas, where I’ll meet up with my friend Jaree’ before traveling to her home in New Mexico. My to-do list for the day is a mile long, however I must take a moment to share my excitement! Here are a few of my thoughts as I’m headed out the door for a fresh hair-cut and picking up a few last minute items:
- I’m going to see Jaree’! There is so much that I could say, but if you’d like to know how I feel about visits with my dearest friend, you can read about it here. I don’t think I can write much more without being reduced to tears. Such joy!
- I love to travel. As much as I enjoy arriving at my destination, I also enjoy airports, plane rides and meeting people along the way. Hooray for layovers!
- I’m not sure if I’ll be posting anything for the next few weeks so if you don’t hear from me, know that I’ll be back to blogging by the 28th of this month.
- I am ready for a change of scenery. From the plains to the desert to the mountains; my heart longs for beauty and this trip will provide me with many opportunities to delight in the creativity of my Lord.
- He is so good to me. I’m just overwhelmed by the grace that is extended to someone so undeserving. The glory of today is knowing Him and being known by Him.
Until the next time…
a glorious New Mexico sunset